Physics of Music
The School of Physics,
The University of New South Wales
- Arlen Fast, contrabassoonist of the New York Philharmonic, is on sabbatical in the lab, for a project on register holes and transients.
(yidaki) acoustics: our latest paper in Nature.
do violins change with age and playing:
an interim report on a long term study.
- The acoustics
of harmonic singing
- Vocal tract
tuning by sopranos - an interesting effect at the extreme
high range of the human voice.
- Test your own hearing response
curve using this interactive web service.
- Frequently asked questions about music acoustics. For example:
What is a
- Introduction to the acoustics of musical instruments.
This series of web pages, with plenty of illustrations and sound
files, presents an introduction to brass
- Excellence in acoustics
- This website has won a Scientific
and Technlogy Web Award 2005 for its innovation, creativity
and value. It has also won the MERLOT 2005
Editors' Choice Award for exemplary online learning resources.
|How to get to UNSW
Acoustics Lab: Maps |